New provincial legislation requires local government to complete a housing needs assessment every five years.
With the new regulation came the opportunity to access provincial funding to complete the study, Merritt joined with TNRD to apply and was successful in receiving $150,000.
The Study will investigate;
- Housing across the continuum
- Population trends (Who is living in our communities?)
- Affordability (How much does it cost to live here?)
- Assets (What makes this a great place to live?)
- Future demands (Who might live here in the future?)
The consultant group hired to complete the work is now entering the public consultation phase of the project and have launched an online survey.
The deadline to participate in the survey is Friday. (www.tnrd.ca/stay-connected/surveys)
The project is expected to be completed by January of 2021.
On Twitter: @Q101Merritt