Ashcroft and area residents are advised that due to temporary limited staffing availability, the emergency department (ED) at the Ashcroft Hospital and Community Health Care Centre will be closed overnight from 8 p.m. Saturday, May 18 to 8 a.m. Sunday, May 19 and close again Sunday night at 8 p.m. The emergency department will re-open at 6 p.m. May 24, according to regular hours.
Interior Health regrets this temporary closure and reminds residents to take note of the following if they require care while the emergency department is closed:
- In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
- Visit the emergency department at one of the following facilities:
- Royal Inland Hospital – 311 Columbia Street, Kamloops
- Lillooet Hospital – 951 Murray Street, Lillooet
- Nicola Valley Hospital - 3451 Voght Street, Merritt
- Call HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 (24 hour service) if you are unsure of your need to seek emergency care.
Ashcroft ED services normally operate on weekends only, open from Friday at 6 p.m. to Monday at 8 a.m.
On Twitter: @Q101Merritt