Compressor leak tripping ammonia alarm at the Logan Lake Recreation Centre.
CAO Randy Lambright says the oil that leaked earlier this morning contained residual ammonia that triggered the alarm systems.
Prior to the tragedy that occurred in Fernie last year, the ammonia ice plant in the Logan Lake Recreation Centre was upgraded to ensure a safe environment for staff and the public.
"Certainly, that plays on our minds. That's why we had embarked on a lot of those protocols prior to the incident in Fernie. But, as a result of that it heightened it for us, and for Council who necessitated these changes."
The Logan Lake Recreation Centre was closed when the alarm went off.
Lambright confirms there were no evacuations or injuries to report.